Everything you need to know about Dubai Expo 2020: After eight years of the long wait, Dubai Expo 2020 is finally here! Now if you wonder whether this much-awaited global event is worth the hype, check out this comprehensive guide on Dubai Expo; it encompasses everything from what actually this event is and its main theme and sub-themes to its main attractions and top things to know before you visit here.
What Is Dubai Expo 2020?
Before we go into the actual topic, let us give you a background on the World Expo which has been the world’s greatest event since 1851. It is now held every five years and its regulatory body, Bureau International des Expositions (BIS) elects its host city based on a voting system.
Accordingly, Dubai won the bid to host the World Expo 2020 during the General Assembly of BIE in 2013. Indicative of its name, it was supposed to happen in 2020, but it was postponed to 2021 due to the pandemic, with new dates from October 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022.
Precisely, Dubai Expo 2020 is the World Exposition and what makes it special is that it is the first-ever Expo to take place in the MENASA (Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia) region.
During its six months period, it turns out to be a global platform that showcases the culture, specialties, innovations, and of course, the breakthrough achievements of its 190-plus participating countries.
Apart from these nations, the event also involves the participation of several prestigious businesses, multilateral organizations and educational enterprises.
Dubai 2020 Main Theme And Sub Themes
The main theme of Dubai Expo 2020 is ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.’ True to the theme, it aspires to make the world a better place for the future generation by connecting people and ideas. Three sub-themes help for the execution of its main theme, such as Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability.
Opportunity brings out opportunities that fulfill the basic requirements of humans (including energy, food, and water), while Mobility aids the digital and physical mobility of people, products, and services. The sub-theme of Sustainability, focuses on growth and development without causing harm to nature and the earth.
Interesting Dubai Expo 2020 Facts
- Dubai Expo 2020 site at Dubai South spans over a jaw-dropping 4.35 square meters; imagine it to be four times bigger than the total space of the biggest-of-its-kind Dubai Mall.
- Dubai Expo 2020 is the first-ever World Expo that is conducted with a ‘one nation, one pavilion’ policy. This means every participating country has its own pavilion in Dubai’s version of the Expo.
- The event logo depicts an age-old ring unearthed from the 4,000-year-old archaeological site in Al Marmoom.
- Besides being the first Expo to be hosted by an Arab nation, Expo 2020 is considered the third greatest and largest event, after the Olympics and Soccer World Cup.
- With the sustainability element at the core of its activities, the majority of the materials employed for the building of its event will be recycled in the future. Moreover, solar panels are the major source of electricity in this massive venue.
- Expo 2020 coincides with the UAE’s 50th birth year means you can be part of endless Emirati events, celebrations, and performances.
- Dubai Expo 2020 saw a star-studded inaugural ceremony with celebrity performances of Andrea Bocelli, Andra Day, and Lang Lang, among others.
- Dubai Expo is a celebration of cultures, inventions, and technologies; along with it, come here prepared to watch over 60,000 events.
- More than 25 million people are expected to descend in Dubai to watch this greatest-ever show.
- With over 200 food outlets, you get the rare chance to enjoy the cuisines of different parts of the world under its roof.
- Get the chance to catch up with robots designed by Terminus Group – a specialist in the field of robotics.
How To Reach Dubai Expo 2020 Site?
Dubai Expo 2020 site is located on Expo Road (E77), at Dubai South, in Jebel Ali. It is about 35 minutes drive from Dubai International Airport and about 20 minutes drive from Al Maktoum International Airport. You can reach me here via one of the following ways.
- By Metro: There is a dedicated and brand-new metro station on the red line to cater to Dubai Expo guests. It is the swiftest and undoubtedly the most affordable way to reach here. The first train arrives here at 06:15 hrs (Saturday to Thursday) or 09:15 hrs (on Fridays) and the last train departs from here at 24:00 hrs (Saturday to Wednesday) or 01:00 hrs (on Thursdays and Fridays).
- By Expo Rider: Apart from using the public buses operated by RTA, you can make the most of the exclusive Expo Rider public buses which allow you to reach and depart from the site for free. They are available all over the city. But, to board the Rider, you must show your valid Expo 2020 ticket.
- By Taxi: There are plentiful taxis that will drop you off at the Expo site without any fuss. You can directly call or more conveniently download Careem or other popular apps like Uber to book a taxi.
- By Car: If you plan to reach the Expo site on your own in your vehicle, there are four parking zones including Opportunity Parking Zone, Mobility Parking Zone, Sustainability Parking Zone, and Dubai Exhibition Parking Zone. You can enjoy complimentary access to these zones; yes, you don’t have to pay absolutely anything to park your car. Just keep a note of this timing: 08:30 to 23:00 hrs from Saturday to Wednesday and 08:30 to 01:00 on Thursdays, Fridays, and special occasions.
Where To Buy Dubai Expo 2020 Ticket & How Much Its Cost?
You can purchase Dubai Expo 2020 tickets directly from its website or from one of its authorized ticket sellers. When it comes to its pricing, it varies depending on the ticket type as follows. Entry to Dubai Expo 2020 site is free for senior citizens above 60 years, people of determination, and kids/youth from six to 17 years.
- The standard ticket rate for adults from 18 years to 59 years is AED 95 per visit. For those who are planning to travel Expo site in November, you can get the ticket for somewhat the half rate of AED 45 but on weekdays (Sunday to Thursday) only.
- Multi-Day Pass, priced at AED 195 per person, allows for unlimited visits to the Expo site during its duration of 30 days. Moreover, you can forego waiting in long queues with 10 Smart Queue Bookings per day to visit pavilions and attractions. It is also applicable to the one-day ticket that comes at a rate of AED 95.
- Season Pass, at a rate of AED 450 per person, is your ticket to enjoy unlimited visits to the site during the entire span of the event. This means this ticket is valid till March 31st It also comes with 10 Smart Queue Bookings per day to visit pavilions and attractions.
- Premium Experience Ticket (whose pricing is AED 1,750) is mainly for business people. The ticket is valid for full six months and it offers many exclusive experiences to its holders, from five entries at Emaar’s Premium Lounge at 2020 Club to free access to the Expo B2B App and dedicated concierge and half-day guided Expo tours. Besides fast-track entry on every visit, there will be special discounts at food and beverage outlets.
Top Attractions & Experiences At Dubai Expo 2020
1. Al Wasl Plaza
View this post on Instagram
It is undoubtedly the pulsating heart of the Expo site. Its focal point is its dome which is the world’s largest 360-degree projection dome.
Measuring 130-meter-wide and 67.5-metre tall, it is a spectacle to behold, especially with over 250 projectors that throw mind-blowing images across its surface. That’s not all; it connects the site’s three thematic districts as Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability.
2. Garden In The Sky
View this post on Instagram
This is the Expo 2020 site’s own observation deck which is perched at an altitude of 55 meters from the ground level. And it is not any ordinary one; it is a rotating deck. Not to mention, it is probably the best spot to catch 360-degree views of the entire sprawling Expo site. Located at Jubilee Park, it gets its name from the marvelous peltophorum inerme trees that are planted on its upper level.
3. Expo 2020 Water Feature
View this post on Instagram
Amidst Al Wasl Plaza and Jubilee Park is this phenomenal sight! Immaculately blending the elements of water, fire, and earth, allows you to see the glistening massive sheets of water plummeting from the vertical falls of 13 meters high. Fascinatingly, this sight is reversed with the nightfall, as the water flows upwards. This is a rare and obviously unmissable sight.
4. Celebrate The 50 Years Of The UAE
Visit Dubai Expo 2020 site from November to December 4th 2021 and you are in for a treat with special events and festivities as part of the UAE’s golden jubilee national Day celebration.
5. Admire The Best That Every Country Has To Offer
Each of the 190-plus countries has displayed the most unbelievable in technology, groundbreaking inventions, and architecture. In fact, this topic alone deserves a separate post. From the Netherlands’ stunning indoor rainfalls and the avant-garde bicycles at the Ukraine Pavilion to the unbeatable French Riviera experience within the Monaco Pavilion to the USA Pavilion’s SpaceX Falcon rocket, all we can say is a world of wonders awaits you at this World Expo.
Important Things To Know Before You Visit Dubai Expo
- With loads and loads of things to see and do here, don’t expect to see all of them in a day or two.
- As it deserves multiple visits, choose the right ticket to make the most of your visit here.
- Download the official Expo 2020 Dubai app for up-to-minute details of the attractions and events on the site.
- The site is so expansive that it is highly recommended to wear a comfortable dress and further pair it with a good quality pair of shoes.
- Know the site and conduct thorough research on what to see or experience on every visit here.
- Vaccination certificates are not mandatory to enter the site, but in the absence of it, you will be asked to submit your RT PCR test taken within 72 hours of your visit here.
- Don’t forget to get your Dubai Expo 2020 stamped as you tick off the pavilions on the site. This makes a wonderful keepsake to treasure forever.
Isn’t it a lot of fun and a thrill to make a visit here? Yes, don’t miss Expo 2020 Dubai if you plan to visit UAE during its six months duration. While you apply for your Dubai tourist visa and make all other travel arrangements, it is equally vital to conduct in-depth research on what not to miss during the event. This allows you to get the best out of your Dubai Expo 2020 experience.
FAQs About Dubai Expo 2020
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What is the major attraction of Expo 2020 Dubai?” answer-0=”There are 192 country pavilions at Expo 2020, and while you won’t be able to visit them all, you should aim to visit the majority. Each pavilion promises a one-of-a-kind experience while honoring its respective culture. They also present their country’s futuristic and development vision for the coming years.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”What are the 3 key themes of Expo 2020?” answer-1=”Expo 2020 Dubai features three sub-themes that explain and demonstrate how the UAE is connecting minds, creating the future by focusing on sustainability, mobility, and opportunity.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”What is the purpose of an Expo?” answer-2=”Expos have a common goal; Each EXPO aims to raise public awareness, share change, promote progress, and share experiences in its respective field.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h3″ question-3=”What is the purpose of Dubai Expo 2021?” answer-3=”Expo 2021 in Dubai is a world-class event that brings together innovation, technology, art, and culture to create a memorable experience. The presence of people from all around the world is being marked in order to share fresh ideas. It is, without a question, one of the best places in Dubai to spend a fun-filled family vacation.” image-3=”” headline-4=”h3″ question-4=”What is Expo 2020 Dubai UAE?” answer-4=”Expo 2020 Dubai is the first of its type to be conducted in an Arab country, and will take place in the United Arab Emirates from October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022.” image-4=”” headline-5=”h3″ question-5=” What date is Dubai Expo 2020?” answer-5=” Fri, 1 Oct, 2021 – Thu, 31 Mar, 2022″ image-5=”” headline-6=”h3″ question-6=”Where is the next Expo 2025?” answer-6=”Osaka, Kansai, Japan In 2025, the World Expo will return to Osaka after 55 years! In 2025, the World Expo (also known as the World’s Fair) will be held in Osaka, Kansai, Japan. It will take place on Yumeshima Island from April 13 to October 13, 2025, and is expected to attract 28.2 million tourists.” image-6=”” headline-7=”h3″ question-7=”What is the slogan of Expo 2020?” answer-7=”The motto of Expo 2020 in Dubai is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”.” image-7=”” count=”8″ html=”true” css_class=””]
You Might Also Like
- Best 7 Places To Visit In Italy In December In 2021, That Everyone, Went Crazy Over It!
- 14 Unique Places To Visit In Switzerland In 2021 That Are Worth!
- 20 Places To Visit In Germany In 2021, You Will Be Forced To Live Here Forever.
- Amtrak’s Winter Park Express Is Back, Just In Time For Ski Season
- 10 Wonderful Places To Visit In Austria In 2021 Which will Make Your Vacation Memorable.
- The CDC Has Added Germany And Denmark To The Highest Travel Warning Level, As Europe’s COVID-19 Cases Continue To Rise
- 10 Comfortable Slippers That Look Like Shoes Ideal For Any Trip
Tell Us In Comments Are You Aware Of Everything You Need to Know About Dubai Expo 2020?
Also, don’t forget to book your personalized holiday package with Fiery Trippers. Let us make your vacation a romantic as well as a dreamy getaway.