Are you planning for beach vacations this summer and looking for sun-protective clothing for summer travel? If you have no idea what and how to buy? This article is for you!
It’s all about having a good time in the sun throughout the summer. Hiking, going to the beach, and exploring a new place are just a few of life’s many pleasures.
While getting some fresh air and sunshine is beneficial to your health (Vitamin D! Exercise!), getting too much of it might be harmful. (Every day, more than 8,500 people in the United States are diagnosed with skin cancer.)
You’ll be fashionable and, most importantly, safe. Because, in the end, safety is the main concern.
While most people think sunscreen is the best prevention against the sun’s harmful rays, organizations like the SCF and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believe your clothes are the first line of defence against UV radiation. Unfortunately, an ordinary cotton T-shirt isn’t going to help you much.
- SPF: Sun Protection Factor (It determines how long your sunscreen will keep you safe from UV rays.)
- UPF: Ultraviolet Protection Factor (It shows how much of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays are absorbed by the fabric rather than your skin.)
Things To Consider While Purchasing Sun-Protective Clothing For Summer Travel [Buying Guide]
Yes, your clothes protect you from the sun, but not all fabrics and colours offer the same level of protection.
You have a lot of options, too. Keep the following aspects in mind while shopping for clothing that can successfully protect you from harmful sun rays.
- Colour: Dark or bright colours absorb UV rays rather than allowing them to pass through, preventing them from reaching your skin. As a result, these colours are more protective than lighter colours.
- Coverage: The more skin your attire covers, the more protected you are. Choose long-sleeved shirts and long pants or skirts wherever possible.
- Activity: If your clothing gets stretched or wet, it loses some of its protective power and becomes more transparent, exposing your skin to more UV rays, regardless of the UPF.
- Fabrication: Denim, canvas, wool, or synthetic fibres, which are densely woven, are more protective than a sheer, thin, or loosely woven cloth. Hold a cloth up to the light to see if it is sun-safe. UV light can easily enter the cloth and reach your skin if it is see-through.
- Material: Your fabric’s composition is really important. Natural lignins found in the unbleached cotton act as UV absorbers. Because they reflect radiation, shiny polyesters, and even lightweight satiny silks can be very protective. In some cases, UV rays are blocked in some cases by high-tech fabrics coated with chemical UV absorbers or dyes.
- Fit: It is better to wear loose-fitting clothing. Tight clothing can cause the fibres to pull away from each other and allow more UV light to get through this reduce the level of protection provided.
- UPF: Some clothing manufacturers include UPF labels on their products, which specify how much of the sun’s rays the garment can block. When you’re out shopping, look for our Certification.
Last update on 2023-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A List Of 11 Best Sun-Protective Clothing For Summer Travel
We’ve put together 11 adorable outfits, all of which are UPF 30 or above for the best sun protection. These are affordable sun-protective clothes that can be purchased easily by all of us.
- Coolibar UPF 50+ Deep Water Swim Tights – Sun Protective (For Men And Women)
- Eddie Bauer Women’s Departure Easy Tank Dress
- UV SKINZ UPF 50+ Women’s Water Jacket
- UPF 50+ Women’s Café Ruche Pants – Sun Protective By Coolibar
- Women’s Pizzazz Pullover By Tasc Performance
- Wood Sunglasses Polarized For Men And Women By Cloudfield
- Kiwi Convertible Travel Pants Lightweight UPF 50+ Trousers With Sun Protection Fabric By Craghoppers
- UV SKINZ UPF 50+ Hats
- UV Sun Protection Compression Arm Sleeves
- Men’s Aricia Sun Shirt – Sun Protective By Coolibar
- Fiji Sun Protective Baby Swimsuit By Nozone
1. Coolibar UPF 50+ Deep Water Swim Tights – Sun Protective (For Men And Women)
Because water reflects sunlight, being in or on the water (such as at the beach or in a pool) might cause you to sunburn more quickly.
In the water, it’s best to wear something a little more protective than a swimsuit. Coolibar, the first brand to acquire the Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation for sun-protective clothing, offers a variety of UPF 50+ swimwear choices.
The swim tights and leggings, which come in both men’s and women’s styles, help provide full coverage. There’s also plenty of gear for kids to choose from. It is one of the best sun-protective clothing.
Also Read: 15 Best Leggings For Travel
2. Eddie Bauer Women’s Departure Easy Tank Dress
This casual dress is made of a stretchy, moisture-wicking fabric with UPF 50+ protection. The simple tie detail at the waist, which adds structure to the dress, is my favourite.
Also Read: 11 Best Travel Scarves For Men And Women
3. UV SKINZ UPF 50+ Women’s Water Jacket
When you’re working out in the water, wear this cool jacket over your swimming suit. The cloth is resistant to chlorine and saltwater and dries quickly. Thumbholes are included in the sleeves for more coverage and safety.
4. UPF 50+ Women’s Café Ruche Pants – Sun Protective By Coolibar
These cropped pants have a relaxed fit and are lightweight and breathable, making them ideal for summer days.
They’ll also protect you from the sun while you’re outside, thanks to their UPF 50+ certification. It is one of the best sun protection clothing for men.
5. Women’s Pizzazz Pullover By Tasc Performance
With Tasc Performances’ MOSOtech materials, you can get your SPF protection in a natural way.
This organic cotton/bamboo viscose/lycra combination has a natural UPF 50+ rating, allowing you to spend more time in the sun.
Because of its moisture-wicking, anti-odour, and breathability, you may wear these clothes multiple times.
The Recess Quarter Zip for ladies is one of my favourites since the fabric is so light that anyone can wear it even on hot days to keep my arms and hands cool (it has thumbholes at the sleeves so you can pull them over your hands).
The Carrollton Fitness T-Shirt for men is really comfortable and has a well-constructed fit. It’s perfect for sports or a casual day out.
This upf 50 sun protection clothing is very for all types of women. It is the perfect sun protection for women’s clothing.
Also Read: 10 Best Travel Shirts For Hot Weather
6. Wood Sunglasses Polarized For Men And Women By Cloudfield
Are you planning on getting out on the water this summer? If you bring cloud field Sunglasses, you won’t have to worry if your glasses fall into the water—thanks to their lightweight hardwood frame, these polarised sunglasses float. They’ll provide good UV protection when worn on your face.
Cloudfield sunglasses are handcrafted from bamboo and have a style that looks nice on everyone. They will help you stand out from the crowd! It is floating.
Also Read: 12 Best Cool Cheap Sunglasses For Travel
7. Kiwi Convertible Travel Pants Lightweight UPF 50+ Trousers With Sun Protection Fabric By Craghoppers
They have built-in moisture control and odor control, so they can be worn for long periods of time on and off the trail.
It is the best fabric for sun protection. Craghoppers NosiDefense fabric treatment provides excellent eco-friendly protection against biting pests and life-threatening diseases like malaria.
- 100% Polyester
- Solar dry UPF40+ sun-protective fabric
- Wash and wear, easy-care and quick-drying fabric
- Machine wash at 30, do not bleach, do not iron, do…
Last update on 2023-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
8. UV SKINZ UPF 50+ Hats
Because you can’t really apply sunscreen all over your hair, the top of your head is a difficult spot to protect from the sun.
9. UV Sun Protection Compression Arm Sleeves
The sunscreen game is well-known: apply, reapply, reapply… That is no longer the case! This UV Sun Protection Arm Sleeve has a UPF 50+ rating for unbeatable sun protection while you’re exploring the next turn. You’re protected whether you’re shooting hoops or reeling in the big one.
The cooler these arm sleeves become as you sweat. Isn’t it crazy? This cooling arm sleeve’s sweat-wicking fabric lets plenty of air in, keeping your arms cool even in warm weather.
10. Men’s Aricia Sun Shirt – Sun Protective By Coolibar
The Coolibar Aricia Sun Shirt will keep you safe from the sun. Even though it’s long-sleeved, this button-down is lightweight and has built-in vents to keep air circulating and keep you cool.
These sun protection shirts have moisture-wicking fabric that has built-in UPF 50+ protection and is stain-resistant, making them ideal for whatever the summer puts at them. This shirt is the perfect choice of Sun-Protective Clothing For Summer Travel.
11. Fiji Sun Protective Baby Swimsuit By Nozone
The best sun-protective clothing for babies. It is rated UPF 50+ for over 98% sun protection – All protection is provided by the fabric’s tight weave.
Extremely quick-drying and extremely minimal water retention for ease of mobility in the water. Lightweight and soft fabric with a four-way stretch
FAQs About Sun-Protective Clothing For Summer Travel
People have a lot of queries about sun-protective clothes questions some of the commonly asked questions are answered below.
What Is The Best Sun Protection Clothing Brands?
1. Best overall: L.L.Bean
2. Best sporty Brand: Athleta
3. Best stylish Brand: Lilly Pulitzer
4. Best brand for swimsuits: Lands’ End
What Is The Best Sun Protection Clothing?
The nest sun protection clothing should have below qualities. SPF: Sun Protection Factor (It determines how long your sunscreen will keep you safe from UV rays.) UPF: Ultraviolet Protection Factor (It shows how much of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays are absorbed by the fabric rather than your skin.)
Does Sun-Protective Clothing Really Work?
Your outfits aren’t simply stylish; they’re also useful. It also absorbs or blocks dangerous UV rays, making it one of the most efficient kinds of sun protection and skin cancer prevention. Furthermore, unlike sunscreen, sun-protective clothing is the most convenient way to stay safe; unlike sunscreen, it never needs to be reapplied!
What Is The Best Color For Sun Protection?
Darker colours absorb more UV than lighter colours such as whites and pastels. UV rays are less likely to reach your skin as a result. However, strong colours like red can absorb UV radiation. The brighter the colour, the more protection it provides—a bright yellow shirt is more protective than a pale one.
Do You Really Need UPF Clothing?
For many people, wearing clothing with a UPF rating isn’t necessary. However, for those who truly want sun protection, it provides a level of assurance. You may have noticed a new trend in clothing stores: UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) numbers on garments. Clothes of this quality might be quite costly.
Can You Get Sun Through Clothes?
Wear apparel that covers your skin when you’re out in the sun. UV protection is provided to different extents by clothing. Long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and long skirts are the most protective and cover the most flesh. UV rays can pass through a cloth if light can pass through it.
Is black or white better for sun protection?
Red, navy blue and other dark or vivid colours absorb more UV rays than lighter colours like white and pastels. For instance, the UPF of a standard white cotton T-shirt is only around 5. Generally speaking, the more vibrant the colour, the better protection the clothes will offer.
What makes sun clothes so wonderful? There are many options available, so you can pick the ideal piece of wearable clothing for your favourite outdoor activities, including everything from super-comfy sun hoodies to blousy button-ups.
Tell Us In the Comments About Your Favourite Sun-Protective Clothing For Summer Travel.
Also, don’t forget to book your personalized holiday package with Fiery Trippers. Let us make your vacation a romantic as well as a dreamy getaway.
Last update on 2023-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API